Camp Kitchen – Lemony chicken breast with fruit salad
Chicken breast is great and easy to do. It needs small amount of time to cook and nearly everything goes well with it. If you’re bored with it, it means you’ve gotten lazy and forgot to try new things, because there are thousands of fun recipes for chicken! If you haven’t try this refreshing, original and lemony grilled chicken breast, try this on your next camping trip or just as well make it for Sunday dinner at your home.
What you’ll need:
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 garlic cloves
- Salt & pepper
- Italian seasoning
- 4 spoons of butter
- Tin foil
- 1 dozen cherry tomatoes
- 1 peach
- Fresh mint
- Handful of sunflower and pumpkin seeds
How to prepare the meat:
- First the lemon marinate! Squeeze one half of the lemon. Mix it with minced garlic, honey and Italian seasoning. Add salt and pepper.
- Put chicken breast in the juice for as long as you want. It doesn’t need marinating overnight and even half an hour will be ok.
- Cut the other half of a lemon in slices.
- Place the meat on a tin foil, add one spoon of butter on each breast and cover it with lemon. Use the rest of the marinate to pour on the meat. Cover precisely with tin foil.
- Grill it for 20 minutes on each side. If you don’t have BBQ equipment with you, you can place it in the hot ashes next to the bonfire for 30-50 minutes (depending on the temperature). Best if you will check one piece after 30 minutes to see if it’s done.
How to prepare the salad:
This refreshing, fruit salad needs almost nothing more than cutting and mixing all the ingredients. To cut the peach in 16 thin pieces, first cut it in quarters and then each quarter into 4 pieces.
If you have a grill, use it to burn delicately your pieces of peach before you add it to the salad.
Great tip: make fresh mint brew to drink with this meal, it tastes great!
Serve it all on fresh enamel kitchenware from Emalco Enamelware… and enjoy the meal!